EMI Music Sound Foundation (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
BY VISITING THIS WEBSITE (THE “SITE”) YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND CONSENTING TO THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY (INCLUDING AS UPDATED OR AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME). IF, FOR ANY REASON, YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY, PLEASE STOP USING THE SITE IMMEDIATELY.
WHO WE ARE
This site is operated by EMI Music Sound Foundation, 364-366 Kensington High Street, London W14 8NS. Data Protection Number – EMI Music Sound Foundation Z8705663.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you use the Site or contact us by e-mail, social media, SMS, telephone, or other methods, we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us, including:
• Forms filled out by you on the Site;
• Content of correspondence with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
• Site registration;
• Subscriptions or orders placed on the Site;
• Participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site;
• Entering a competition, promotion or survey;
• Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, payment information, personal description, photographs or images or comments.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time);
• Pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites operated by UMG Companies or the other services UMG Companies provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site.
We also work closely with third parties, including service providers and business partners, and may receive information about you from them.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
• To help us respond to your queries;
• To provide you with information on the EMI Music Sound Foundation;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
• To provide you with information about our foundation and opportunities that may be of interest to you;
• To notify you about changes to our service;
• To manage your access to the services;
• To allow you to interact with our Site, for example by posting comments;
• To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
• To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
Information we receive from other sources.
• We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above;
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you in order to provide you with information or services;
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If the EMI Music Sound Foundation or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF DATA
The security of your personal information is important to us. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This Site is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does UMG knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent and in compliance with applicable laws.
Where applicable under local law, you may request a copy of the personal information held by UMG about you and may ask about all recipients of the information, the purpose of the processing, request the correction of incorrect data, and request the blocking and deletion of such data by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information.
You are responsible for keeping your information current and up-to-date. You may update your information by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. You also have the right, where provided under applicable law, to ask us not to process your personal data
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete or remove it by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us as described in the “Contact” section below.
Where provided under applicable law, you may have the right to ask us for a list of your personal data we share with third parties and information regarding those third parties, if the third parties use the personal data for their direct marketing purposes. We will seek your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site, our newsletters and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.